Sunday, September 9, 2012

Waffle Iron Hash Browns



Last time I did grocery shopping,  I had bought a big bagful of potatoes. I wanted to use them up and was thinking of trying newer recipes. When I told that I was planning to try something new with potatoes, Aishwarya wanted the hash browns itself instead.  So I ended up making hash browns, albeit differently than I used to make.
The advantage of this method is that once you put it in the waffle-maker, you can just relax till it is done- no need to watch it over, flip it when done on one side or any of those things if you were to make it on a pan. And the end product tastes as wonderful as the real deal.
I would recommend this for turning up a quick break-fast when you are in  a hurry.
Ingredients
1 medium potato
salt and pepper, other seasonings, to taste
1/2 tsp Butter
Method:
Wash, peel and shred the potato. Preheat waffle maker to the highest heat.Liberally salt potatoes  after 5 minutes place it in a  towel and squeeze the water out. (This is imperative for crispy hash browns!)
Put potatoes in a bowl and top with salt, pepper, and any seasonings you like (I added some paprika and garlic powder) and butter cut into little pieces
Spray the pre-heated waffle iron with cooking spray, and layer the potatoes on the iron, about 1/4 inch thick.
Close the lid and let them cook, checking on them after about 12-15 minutes.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...