Sunday, June 15, 2014

Quick Fix Tiramisu Parfaits

Today being the Father's day, Aishwarya and I thought of indulging Jai with all his favorite foods.We had home made waffles and berry syrup for breakfast. We had a quick lunch from outside after the father- daughter and mother movie date. After the movie, lunch and shopping I didn't have much time nor energy. I had planned on making his favorite Biriyani and Tiramisu for dinner. I didn't want to experiment with the biriyani so I made it the way I always does. But I was a bit more daring with the Tiramisu -  I thought  after all, what can go wrong with Liqueur cake and pudding .Just as  I figured it turned out quite good. I am not promising you the real tiramisu but this sure is a delicious quick fix substitute for Tiramisu.
Happy Father's day to all the awesome dads out there.  Today I feel so blessed to be having such awesome dads in my life: an awesome Father,Father-in-law, Grandfathers and a wonderful dad for my daughter.
Ingredients
2 cups milk
2 3/4 ounces vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cups brewed coffee, cooled
1 (16 ounce) frozen Schlunder Liqueur Cake , cut into 3/4-inch cubes( I used only half the cake)
1 tablespoon cognac/Coffee liqueur
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup grated chocolate, optional
Whipped cream, for serving
Method:
In a  saucepan, stir together the  2 cups milk and the vanilla pudding mix over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Pour the coffee into a shallow dish pour in the cognac or coffee liqueur. Dip the cake cubes into the coffee mix, turning to coat.  Place  the cake cubes in  parfait glasses; drizzle with half the coffee mixture.  Cover with half the pudding mixture, then 1/3 of the grated chocolate. Repeat if needed.Refrigerate 4 hours Before serving top with  whipped cream. Dust with the cocoa powder and serve

2 comments:

  1. Lovely treat for father's day...visit my space too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I saw your blog and thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite you to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    best regards

    Ania, TastyQuery.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...