Monday, January 7, 2013

Moru Curry sans Coconut and Oil

Though I got over with the flu, the after effects are still lingering. Primary one is the loss of appetite - I can't stand any food at all. One way it is a blessing in disguise; when the majority  of the world is making  new year's resolutions to somehow reduce their weight, here I am able to achieve it without effort! I feel so full by just the smell of food and even my favorite dishes, I can't make myself to eat.
I had been getting a lot of advice from my moms about how to revive my appetite - one such suggestion from my MIL was to have a cake that I like - she knows me too well, I guess. But that plan didn't work as I couldn't even tolerate a single bite. So my mom suggested that I try this with some rice. Though I couldn't eat much of rice, I did end up having this as a soup.
This oil and coconut free recipe is originally by my grand mother, especially for the times when anyone was sick in the family.
Ingredients:
Buttermilk/Curd (whipped)-1 glass
Water -1 glass
Garlic-3 cloves
Green Chilli-1
Crushed Black Pepper-1/4 tsp
Turmeric-1/4 tsp
Curry leaves-few
Salt as required
Fenugreek-1/4tsp
Method:
In a hard bottom pan add water,garlic,green chilli,pepper,turmeric and curry leaves. Bring this to a boil and at medium heat reduce this to half the amount.Now reduce the heat to low and add the buttermilk along with salt. Keep stirring till it just start to boil and then remove from heat. Dry roast the fenugreek and powder this to add to the curry.
Note: If you want you can temper some mustard and red dry chilli in a tbs of oil and add to the curry.

6 comments:

  1. Take care Vidhya,totally agree with you. Its really hard to eat as before after flu. Btw moru curry looks great, even i can have this curry just like a soup as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super tempting and inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. take care of your health dear and lovely curry simple and flavorful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care dear..Moru curry looks great...Ivide njanum undakki as monu cold and fever annu..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...