Thursday, April 28, 2011

MAITRI! Strawberry Banana Friendship Smoothie



When Priya and Rashmi, the brains behind the MAITRI movement asked if I would be interested in joining this friendship chain of food bloggers, I didn't think twice before answering yes.

 So when I got my mystery friend, Divya's parcel with the mystery ingredient I was all excited to find out what it was. Along with the secret ingredient, Divya had also sent me a cute Wilton Bunny cookie cutter along with a sweet little card! Thank you, Divya for the lovely gifts and the wonderful card!

I could make out that the mystery ingredient was flaxseed meal, though I never used it in my cooking before. Thanks to MAITRI for expanding my cooking horizon!

Ingredients:
1  banana
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons flax seed meal
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 cup Strawberries, sliced
Method:
Cut banana into small pieces and place into the blender. Add the  milk, flax seed meal, and honey. Blend on lowest speed until smooth, for about 5 seconds. Gradually add the strawberries while continuing to blend on low. Once the strawberries have been incorporated, increase speed, and blend to desired consistency.Serve with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt or whipped cream.
Sending this over to  Saffronstreaks seasonal indulgence – series summer coolers event and Ticklingpalates  Fun N Sun event


22 comments:

  1. Hey Vidhya, its a lovely smoothie, and flax seed meal brings a new touch to this, why dont you link to the event : summer coolers at my blog, will love to have it there.
    bkmrked your yin yang tofu, loved the name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious drink..and a lovely pic, Vidhya..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent presentation of super soft cool drink,and lovely photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nutritious drink! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy drink,anything with flax seeds always goes to my favourite list, feel like finishing that droolworthy smoothie..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smoothie looks super delicious...me too never used flax seed meal..will definitely try it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely stunning clicks...awesome presentation dear..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Vidhya, great job dear, love the smoothie, great color and so healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely stunning clicks...awesome presentation dear..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the addition of flax seeds in smoothie....excellent clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vidhya,this smoothie looks awesome, a great way to start your day. Also I have just been paired with you to do another dish for Maitri. Please contact me to cordinate, I cant wait!!

    gerryspeirs@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice smoothie! Cute pink colour...

    ReplyDelete
  13. smoothie looks absolute yumm.happy to be part of Maitri.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healthy drink..loved the combination of banana and strawberry !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried flax seeds but this smoothie sounds healthy and refreshing..thanks for the recipe..have a nice weekend..take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow had never used this ingredient before! smoothie looks super yummy and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. new recipe..never used these ingredients...really very good pictures...cool color...so coooooooooool :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Smoothie looks excellent Vidhya. I didn't get your email, but got Priya's dear.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So refreshing smoothie !! new to me !! wonderful clicks !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks stunning!! A refreshing drink perfect for the summer!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...