Thursday, October 14, 2010

French Beans 'N Potatoes


Last Sunday, I was feeling rather lazy to cook. Usually when we have rice  I would make a curry and some stir fried vegetables to go with it. But this day I was not feeling like doing much. But still, I didn't want to disappoint my Hubby. I was thinking of what I had in the refrigerator - I had some green beans in there and some potatoes. Then I thought of something I had some time back at a restaurant - something with green beans and potatoes in it. Though I had no clue as to how to make it, I thought of trying it out my special way. And as it turns out it was a hit!

Ingredients:
Potatoes - 4 medium
French beans - 1/2 lbs
Onion - 1
Ginger - 1/2'' piece
Garlic - 4 cloves
Tomatoes - 1 small
Butter - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Fennel powder - 1/2 tsp

Method:
Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes and cook them. Slit the french beans in the middle and cut them into 1" long pieces. Cook this separately in water with salt. Saute the onion with ginger, garlic and tomatoes in 2 tbsp of oil. When the oil starts to separate, add all the powders, and saute for another 2 minutes. Now add the cooked beans and potatoes and saute them together till it dries up. Now add the butter and mix it. Optionally, you can add curry leaves to it. Serve hot.

This goes well with rice and chapathi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...