Pizza is something my family loves eating .In our house we don't believe that pizza is an unhealthy food. We think otherwise, we feel like its a complete meal if combined along with a nice vegetable salad .What else can provide you with your daily carbohydrate,protein,calcium, mineral and vitamins (if you are using vegetable toppings) dose. This is for all the pizza lovers who feel or doesn't feel guilty eating a pizza,cause this is worth making and worth eating .
3/4 cup water (110-115 degrees, preferably)
1 teaspoon sugar
2 Tablespoons butter, melted or very softened
2 1/2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon yeast
1 Tablespoon cornmeal (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cream cheese(I used sun dried tomato flavoured cream cheese)
12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese or Pepper jack cheese
sliced onions, optional
chopped bell peppers, optional
Fresh spinach few
1/2 cup crumbled paneer or cottage cheese
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. If using a bread machine to make pizza dough, put ingredients in bread machine in order listed and set to dough setting.
If making dough by hand, mix water, butter, and sugar in mixing bowl. Add part of the flour and stir. Add the rest of the flour and the yeast, and stir into a dough. Knead for 6-8 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Set dough in bowl and grease the top. Cover with a towel and set in a warm place to rise for about 45 minutes.
2. After dough has risen the first time, punch down and knead until air bubbles are removed.
3. Liberally butter a 16-inch round pizza pan, and press dough onto pan. Carefully lift one-half of the crust and fold over (to expose half of the pizza pan). Sprinkle 1/2 Tablespoon cornmeal over pan. Lay crust back in place and repeat on other half, so that there is cornmeal sprinkled between entire layer of crust and pan.
4. Spread the cheese spread. Sprinkle on cheese and any optional toppings desired. Now you can arrange the onions and spinach leaves sprinkle crumbled paneer and Parmesan cheese last.
5. Place pizza in preheated oven ( 400 degrees). Bake for 10 minutes; rotate crust and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until top is browned. (Be sure to watch so it doesn't burn; every oven is different!)
6. When pizza is browned, turn off heat and open oven door. Leave pizza in oven until ready to serve. Then remove from oven, cut, and serve.If you like spicy pizzas you can sprinkle some chilli flakes before eating. And if there is leftover pizza, we often put the pieces directly on a cooling rack to cool, which prevents condensation forming between the crust and pan.