Here is the recipe for a simple, delicious and healthy sandwich, that would be loved by both kids and adults alike.
Bread slices - 8 nos (or you can use 4 sandwich buns)
Thick,fresh curd - 1 cup ( or you can use cream cheese - 4tbs)
Sprouted green bean (mung bean) - 1/2 cup
Grated carrots - 1 tbs
Chopped onion - 1 tbs
Chopped Green chillies - 1/2 tbs
Chopped Cucumber - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Chilli sauce - 1/2 tsp
Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
Cheese slices - 4 nos (I have used grated cheddar cheese) - optional
- Pour the curd into a sieve and keep aside for 1/2 an hour to drain all the water.
- Mix all the chopped ingredients, salt, pepper and sprouts together
- Take a slice of bread, apply the curd /cream cheese on it and spread a tablespoon of the vegetable mixture over it
- Mix the Chilli and tomato sauces together
- Spread the sauce mix lightly over the second slice of bread.
- If you are using the cheese slice, you can put that over the vegetable mix or if using grated cheese, mix it with the vegetable mix in step 2
- Put the two slices together and press lightly
I am entering this to the "My Legume Love Affair Contest" by Mirch Masala