Sunday, June 15, 2014

Quick Fix Tiramisu Parfaits

Today being the Father's day, Aishwarya and I thought of indulging Jai with all his favorite foods.We had home made waffles and berry syrup for breakfast. We had a quick lunch from outside after the father- daughter and mother movie date. After the movie, lunch and shopping I didn't have much time nor energy. I had planned on making his favorite Biriyani and Tiramisu for dinner. I didn't want to experiment with the biriyani so I made it the way I always does. But I was a bit more daring with the Tiramisu -  I thought  after all, what can go wrong with Liqueur cake and pudding .Just as  I figured it turned out quite good. I am not promising you the real tiramisu but this sure is a delicious quick fix substitute for Tiramisu.
Happy Father's day to all the awesome dads out there.  Today I feel so blessed to be having such awesome dads in my life: an awesome Father,Father-in-law, Grandfathers and a wonderful dad for my daughter.
Ingredients
2 cups milk
2 3/4 ounces vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cups brewed coffee, cooled
1 (16 ounce) frozen Schlunder Liqueur Cake , cut into 3/4-inch cubes( I used only half the cake)
1 tablespoon cognac/Coffee liqueur
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup grated chocolate, optional
Whipped cream, for serving
Method:
In a  saucepan, stir together the  2 cups milk and the vanilla pudding mix over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Pour the coffee into a shallow dish pour in the cognac or coffee liqueur. Dip the cake cubes into the coffee mix, turning to coat.  Place  the cake cubes in  parfait glasses; drizzle with half the coffee mixture.  Cover with half the pudding mixture, then 1/3 of the grated chocolate. Repeat if needed.Refrigerate 4 hours Before serving top with  whipped cream. Dust with the cocoa powder and serve

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...