Sunday, September 21, 2014

Summer Delight

This was a salad that I put together with whatever ingredients I had in my pantry on a warm summer day. It turned out to be such a hit with my family that this and its variants have become  almost a regular go to salad in our diet. What makes it so delicious is the way the different tastes and flavors complement each other. We have tried variants of this substituting watermelon with apple, strawberry, pineapple and pear and also trying it out with spinach in place of lettuce.

Ingredients:
Lettuce- 4 cups
Avocado-1
Watermelon-2 cup
Onion-1/2 cup
Feta cheese-1/4 cup
Pepper flakes-1tsp
Black pepper-1/2 tsp
Salt-1/4 tsp
Garlic- 1 crushed
Lemon-2 tbs
Method:
Mix together everything and serve. I prefer mixing feta towards the end of mixing.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely and colourful looking salad. Excellent preparation.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vidhya... thats a hearty salad... I'll be happy to have it for a full meal as well...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...