Monday, November 1, 2010

Acorn Squash Soup


On days I  am feeling not so well and not in a mood to follow a recipe I just put few ingredients together and come up with something .Today was one such day, but the final outcome was so good that I thought I should write it down before I forget about this.
Ingredients:
Acorn squash - 1 medium sliced 
Onion-1/2 
Vegetable broth-2 cups
Garlic powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Green chilli-1
Pepper-as required
Salt -as required
Milk -1 cup
Basil leaves-4 to 5
Method:
Saute the onion in a heavy bottom vessel using 1 tablespoon oil or butter along with the green chilli and squash. Add the broth to this and cook till the squash is well cooked. Puree the squash and return to the vessel. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.Garnish with basil and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...