Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All Chocolate Cake


My daughter turned nine yesterday and this is the cake I made for her birthday.She asked for an all chocolate cake.I made a the cake using Duncan Hines cake mix and made the chocolate frosting using a recipe I got from AllRecipes.com.  I just tweaked it a bit to suit me and made the chocolate roses using candy mold.
Ingredients:For a  2-layer 9-inch cake
1 1/2 cups softened butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups PLUS 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
6 3/4 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup milk
1tbs canola oil
Method:
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa,oil and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency (The oil will keep the frosting soft even after keeping in the refrigerator).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...